As per SEBI Circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD/RTAMB/P/CIR/2021/655 dated 3rd November 2021, read with Circular dated 14th December 2021 has prescribed procedures for updating the PAN, KYC, contact details, bank account and Nomination details of shareholders holding shares in physical form. Forms for such requests have been given below.
- If the above information are not furnished on or before 31-12-2023, such folios containing incomplete details would be frozen.
- No service requests will be processed in respect of such frozen folios if the specified information have not been furnished.
- Frozen folios will be reverted to normal status by RTA only upon the
prescribed information have been furnished or the entire shares under the folio dematerialized.
- If such folios continue to remain frozen as on 31st December 2025, the same would be referred to concerned authorities under the provisions of Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1988/Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- In case PAN has not been linked to Aadhar as on 31-03-2022 or extended date if any, specified by the Income Tax Authorities the related folios shall also be frozen.